Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lookbook Craving....

I discovered Lookbook a few weeks ago, and it was like finding heaven... it's better than flipping through magazines and stuff, because LookBook is street fashion, stuff worn by real everyday people. AND the best part is that you can search by country- my favs were Korea and Hong Kong.

I noticed there were two main trends, very opposite- but both very about balance. The first one is the extralong, slightly slouchy/ oversized tops/ dresses + leggings or tights. The second was the bouncy high waist, over-the knee skirts + form-fitting top tucked in. What surprised me was the "tucked-in" part....I used to this tucking anything in was a big fashion no-no, probably cuz it made you think of Steve Urkel or something! :D

I am in love with the long tops/leggings trend because it helps create an illusion of a long lean silouhette. The skirt thing grew on me after I saw that it worked really well with tall clunky shoes. New shopping list: leggings and big 3-inch heel shoes!

(all pics from LB)

2 comments:

  1. i think the tuck in part mainly applied to guys

    Lookbook to me seems like indie street fashion, it's not what everyone is wearing but rather what the trendy hipsters are. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing but there's no way everyone dresses like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...how true, but its still more realistic than what you see in fashion magazines. I just admire the people that CAN pull this stuff off everyday:D

    ReplyDelete