Monday, May 25, 2009

No Longer Consignment Store Virgin

I've never had any problem with the idea of vintage, second hand, or Goodwill stores, but I guess I just don't really have a lot of friends that would say "Hey, let's go to Goodwill today!" So I've never really shopped at those kinda places. But a few weeks ago I was in SF's famous "Haight-Ashbury" neighborhood with an old friend, she and her boyfriend wandered into a Goodwill store and I had to go in. I didn't really expect to find anything great, but the most time I spent in there the more I started really looking. And I found this....

I couldn't believe I found GAP at a Goodwill store. I made sure it had no stains or tears. It was a black blazer with a shiny lining. I rolled up the sleeves to make it more trendy. Slight, tiny-weeny problem, it was a size 6...but since it's a jacket it didn't look too obvious that it was big on me. For $8.99 a size 6 is NOT a problem.

I am ashamed to say that I had my biases and boy did Goodwill prove me wrong and open my fashion eyes a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment