Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Humble beginnings

Have you ever seen those people where they look so put together and you say to yourself, "Why can't I look like that?"

Have you stood in front of your closet in your skivvies til you get goosebumps from cold and you STILL can't find a single article of clothing that you'd want to wear?

Welcome to my life.

When I look back on my wardrobe past I physically cringe. I tried so hard and tried too hard with all the wrong ideas and wrong trends. I never had a lot of money, I never bought a pair of jeans over $20 until I was in college. I never dreamed I would own anything from even the Gap! I bargain hunted and tried to follow everyone with less fashion resources. I never had older siblings or fashion-savvy friends to guide me either. It's been a long hard journey....

And I'm still learning everyday. I study magazines, catalogs....and I go into stores I never stepped foot in before cuz they were always "too expensive." Hey, I'm all about the "sales" signs and "clearance" racks. My roomy is my fashion-forward idol....*sigh* if only I can pull off what she does!

My shopper persona-
  • I have little self-control (at the moment it just seemed like I couldn't live without buying that skirt!)
  • shopping is therapy..... when I lost my job, I went shopping. =X
  • I'd rather give up a meal and save money to buy something I can wear... saves calories too.
  • I own exactly two pairs of shorts.... I dread shorts cuz I hate showing my legs, but I have made peace with skirts....I love love love skirts now.
  • I love winter fashions way more, cuz I'm a self-declared jacket-whore. I loves the boots, scarves, jackets, and layering!
Thank you for joining me in my journey to fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment